Il ruolo della stimolazione periorale nelle prime epoche di vita
Serena Ossola (1), Angela Bossi (1), Massimo Agosti (1-2)
1 Neonatologia e Terapia Intensiva Neonatale, Ospedale Del Ponte, Varese
2 Università degli Studi dell’Insubria
- McGrattan et al, The physiologic coupling of sucking and swallowing coordination provides a unique process for neonatal survival. Acta Paediatr 2016 July; 105 (7) 790-797.
- Amaizu et al, Maturation of oral feeding skills in preterm infants. Acta Paediatr 2008 January; 97 (1) 61-67.
- Lau, Development of infant oral feeding skills: what do we know?, Am J Clin Nutr 2016 Feb;103(2):616S-21S. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.115.109603. Epub 2016 Jan 20.
- Patel, Short and Long-Term Outcomes for Extremely Preterm Infants, Am J Perinatol 2016 Feb; 33(3): 318–328.
- Fenin et al, Very low birth weight infants receive full enteral nutrition within 2 postnatal weeks, J Perinatol 2020 Sep 29: 1–8.
- Dutta et al, Guidelines for Feeding Very Low Birth Weight Infants, Nutrients. 2015 Jan; 7(1): 423–442.
- Barlow, Central pattern generation involved in oral and respiratory control for feeding in the term infant, Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009 Jun; 17(3): 187–193.
- Brenda S. Lessen et al, Establishing Intervention Fidelity of an Oral Motor Intervention for Preterm Infants, Published 2015, Psychology, Medicine Neonatal Network.
- Pineda et al, Preterm infant feeding performance at term equivalent age differs from that of full-term infants, Comparative Study J Perinatol 2020 Apr;40(4):646-654.
- Kwon J et al, Neonatal feeding performance is related to feeding outcomes in childhood, Early Hum Dev. 2020.
- Arvedson J et al, Evidence-based systematic review: effects of oral motor interventions on feeding and swallowing in preterm infants, Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2010.
- Fucile S et al, Oral and Non oral sensorimotor interventions facilitate suck-swallow-respiration functions and their coordination in preterm infants. Early Hum Dev. 2012 June; 86 (6): 345-350.
- Lessen BS, Effect of the premature infant oral motor intervention on feeding progression and length of stay in preterm infants, Adv Neonatal Care. 2011.
- Ghomi H et al, The effects of premature infant oral motor intervention (PIOMI) on oral feeding of preterm infants: A randomized clinical trial, Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2019.
- Li XL et al, Early Premature Infant Oral Motor Intervention Improved Oral Feeding and Prognosis by Promoting Neurodevelopment, Am J Perinatol 2020.
- Fucile S et al, Oral Sensorimotor Intervention Enhances Breastfeeding Establishment in Preterm Infants, Breastfeed Med 2018 Sep;13(7):473-478.
- Da Rosa Pereira, Impact of a pre-feeding oral stimulation program on first feed attempt in preterm infants: Double-blind controlled clinical trial, PLoS One 2020 Sep 9;15(9):e0237915.
- Say B et al, Effects of Pacifier Use on Transition Time from Gavage to Breastfeeding in Preterm Infants: A Randomized Controlled Trial, Breastfeed Med 2018.
- Kaya V et al, Effects of pacifier use on transition to full breastfeeding and sucking skills in preterm infants: a randomised controlled trial, J Clin Nurs 2017.
- Foster et al, Non-nutritive sucking for increasing physiologic stability and nutrition in preterm infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. Oct 4;10:CD001071. 2016.
- Pawlukowska et al, Therapeutic effect of a cleft lip teat on infants with respiratory and feeding disorders Two case reports. Medicine 2018, 97:31, e11467.
Articolo pubblicato su Il Pediatra, n.6/21, pagg.56-59